A look back on #Timnath town history by Barbara Fleming is a great way to learn about our #NorthernColorado. Enjoy a great read! #DowntownTimnath#ReviveMainStreet Town of Timnath Timnath Beerwerks Timnath, ColoradoDowntown Timnath #SmallBiz #SmallBusiness #Local
Fleming: The tale of Timnath
Before acquiring its name, the town of Timnath was variously labeled Wheatland and the Sherwood District.
Not formally established until 1882, the small community east of Fort Collins had a patchwork of settlements in the area, including the Sherwood brothers’ ranch and the Strauss homestead. The fertile land along the river produced rich crops of wheat and hay.
In 1882, the town became a switching stop along the new railroad line between Greeley and Fort Collins. All over the West, as the railroad advanced, new towns sprang up along the lines. For reasons obscured by history, some survived and some didn’t. Timnath did.
A new school, called Fairview, was constructed, and …. READ MORE ….
(Photo: Morgan Spiehs/The Coloradoan)